Fulton County Historical Society
The Fulton County Historical Museum is housed in an 1868 Romanesque Revival two-story brick building rich in Fulton County history. The building served as Wauseon's first High School until 1897. In the middle of the 1896-1897 school year, the building had to be condemned because the foundation was sinking. In 1898 the former High School was renovated into a duplex and the Victorian porch was added. In 1903 the Fulton County medical association bought the former High school and from about 1905 until 1930 the building served as Fulton County 's first hospital. In 1945 the former hospital was converted into four apartments. In 1969 the building was donated to the Fulton County Historical Society. Today there are sixteen rooms housing a permanent collection and changing exhibits.
The Blacksmith Shop, Log Cabin and Swan Creek Township
Hall are open during the Fulton County Fair and other special events
held at the Fairgrounds.
The Lake Shore and Michigan Southern Railroad Depot
was constructed in 1896 on
The train depot is located on Depot Street in Wauseon, Ohio.
Depot Email: email@example.com
Heman Canfield Log CabinThe Heman Canfield log Cabin was built in 1838 in
Swancreek Township Lutz School & Township Hall
According to county maps owned by the Fulton County Historical Society, the Swancreek Township School House #8 was built some time between 1868 and 1888 on the south side of county road D “Raker Road” just east of township road 4. Mr. William Jefferson Lutz provided the land to the township for the school, and by 1913, when the United States Geological Society surveyed the area, it was referred to as “Lutz” school. In 1939, the children were moved to a more “modern” facility and the building was moved west on road D to the corner of township road 5-1 and was utilized as the home of the Swancreek Township Trustees. The building also served as one of the voting precincts for Swancreek Township into the late 1950's. In 2001, the trustees built a new township hall and the building was donated to the Fulton County Historical Society and is now preserved at the Fulton County Fairgrounds.
Reighard Blacksmith Shop
Built in 1861 by Henry Harrison Reighard, the blacksmith
shop was located on the corner of
* * *VIEW or PARTICIPATE in the BLOG:* * *